School of GeoSciences

School of GeoSciences

Content Control with SVN

The Uni. is currently creating and testing a centralized SVN (change control) service. Until then you can request for small projects, less than a few Gb, to be hosted on our local SVN service.

Send a request for your project to be hosted to, we need to know:

  • The UUN's of people who need read and write access.
  • The UUN's of people who need read only access.
  • A short, snappy name for the repository. Only A-Z, a-z and 0-9 characters in it please.

This service is only available to people with accounts on our system.

You can access it via the VPN in the usual way.

You will need to know how to use Subversion (a.k.a. SVN). A good source of information can be found here: